Saturday, January 16, 2010
Langoustine and Angel Hair Pasta
* 1 lb angel hair pasta
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 6 ounces pancetta, chopped
* 1 medium red onion, peeled, cut in 1/2, and thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 1/2 lbs langoustine
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest (fresh and finely grated)
* 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated) (optional)
In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until just al dente.
Drain and return to the pot.
Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
To the oil in the pan, add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minute
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Add the wine, 3/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, lemon juice, and langoustines and cook, stirring, until the shellfish are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the parsley and stir to combine.
Add the cooked pasta to the shellfish mixture and toss well to combine.
Cook until the pasta is heated through, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest, and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Spoon into individual pasta bowls or onto large plates, and serve immediately.